Monday 15 April 2019

Five reasons to visit - On the other Side, The Horizon, Second Life

Lavender Meadow  on the other Side

Over the last five years, I have travelled the length and breadth of Second life every day visiting countless sims while I collated other virtual explorers blogs on my Scoop-it page, Second Life Destinations, which I am proud to report has over 36000 followers.  But what places do I personally like to visit and why?  I thought I would share in no particular order some of my favourites with you, and why you should visit them.

Today's selection is "On the other Side" a Homestead Region designed by Michelle (xxmichelle20xx) and Indriel (indrielx).
The Butterfly Cave - On the other Side
Reason One - The Landing Point
It is often said that first impressions are important, and I love the Landing Point for the sim, a cave filled with blue butterflies, some resting on the walls, roof and floor of the cave, whilst others fill the air, dancing around you. A very memorable and spectacular entrance. Also in the cave is a teleport Michelle's shop, (JAS) main store, a link to the Other Side Flickr group, and a blogger link board,  The exit to the cave is not immediately apparent, however a large stone block when touched slides to reveal the way into the sim. This 'secret doorway' together with the kaleidoscope of butterflies makes for a great start to the visit.
Pandas - On the other Side
Reason Two - Pandas
There are Pandas here, and I like Pandas; actually, I like Pandas very much!
Jaguars -  On the other Side
Reason Three - Wildlife
Of course, the world does not just exist for pandas; well not solely for them  There are other animals. and the sim, which is, for the most part, a rural wetland is teeming with wildlife.  Here you can find deer, ducks, cranes,  egrets, crocodiles, goldfish,  cormorants, blackbirds, elephants and many more species,. If taking pictures of virtual wildlife is your thing, then you will find 'On the other Side' paradise.
Careless Alien Driver? on the other Side
Reason Four - Aliens
'On the other Side' is not a  fantasy build but neither is it a  straight virtual simulation of a real-life wetland either. Perhaps it is most accurate to say it has quirky features. In addition to deer and ducks, there is also a dragon flying above a tower, a mysterious rotating circle, inscribed with runes floating on one of the waterways, and perhaps most oddly of all, an alien paces up and down next to a crashed flying saucer. I find the juxtaposition of the normal, even mundane, with the extraordinary, very appealing.
Sitting with a friend On the Other Side
Reason Five - Activities
While a visually appealing sim catches the eye and draws you to it,  enthusiasm for viewing alien space ships or even photographing Pandas can quickly fade. Something else is needed. On the other Side has rideable Teegle horses, surfing with free rezzable surfboards and good waves, and plenty of places to sit with a loved one or friend.
Easter Egg Hunt - On the other Side
Reason Six - Easter Egg Hunt
OK counting has never been my strength. I just felt I should tell you that there is an Easter Egg Hunt going on at 'on the other Side' until the 22nd of April. I have also helpfully given you a strong visual clue as to where you might find the first egg!

I hope that I have sufficiently whetted your appetite enough to entice you to visit On the Other Side, if I have, be sure to visit soon because the sim is scheduled to close 13th May for redecoration.

5 comments:

  1. Very beautifully written and great photos. You should write such blogposts more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Maddy; compliments are always nice to receive; and one from you, who writes so well, especially so.

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much Annie for this just gorgeous, beautiful detailed Blog ! We both, Indriel an me, feel very honored ! ☺

    Michelle & Indriel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted you both liked the post. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. This looks well worth a visit. My partner and I have discovered so many fantastic places via your tweets and blog, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.