Monday 7 May 2018

Monet's Garden in Second Life

Monet's House at Giverny - Second Life
After watching a very entertaining video on TED  this morning about procrastination I decided it was time I wrote another blog post about one of the many places I have visited in Second life but never get around to writing about.
A birds-eye view of Shaula Kingdom
With a Castle, Church and Observatory, the Homestead Shaula Kingdom  is an interesting place to visit for Second life photographers and explorers alike and I hope to write more about the sim soon, today I want to concentrate on the North West corner of the island where Ninne17 resident has recreated Claude Monet's house and garden.
Easels holding Monet's paintings are dotted around the Gardens
At this point, I have to confess that I have never visited Giverny the village in Normandy where Monet lived and worked from 1883 until his death in 1926 but I have an artistic friend who has, and she was very impressed with the build. Much simplified and smaller the House and gardens were instantly recognisable. the biggest difference being the lack of large crowds!

The real Giverny is famous for its lily ponds

The highlights for me are the House,  which externally looks so like the pictures I have seen of Giverny, the colours of the planting and how they blend together, and the ambient sounds, of running water and birdsongs.
The building itself is currently housing a exhibition of works by Paul Cezanne with many of his most famous works on show.
The virtual Giverny will appeal both to Second Life Landscape photographers and also as a stunning backdrop for Fashion bloggers, while art lovers will enjoy the paintings.
Shaula Kingdom Landmark
The Shaula Kingdom Facebook page
For other blogs about the Shaula Kingdom see here

























No comments:

Post a Comment