Saturday 7 March 2020

A heart warming blaze of colour at Lawst Paradise Art Gallery - Second life

 During my visit recent visit to New Resident Island, I noticed in the Northeast corner of the region, the Lawst Paradise Art Gallery  I thought I would pop in out of curiosity.  Wow!  I am very glad that I did.

For the most part, the items on display are Fractals, which together with other 2D and 3D geometric art have been created by Treacle Darlandes.  I love bright colours, and I love fractals;  the slowly swirling pieces of art which remind me of a much-loved Kaleidoscope I owned as a child.
Also on display is a collection of pottery created by Liana Lurra, whose pots and vases complement Treacle's work well
There is one final part feature of the gallery I should mention. In an alcove on the ground floor (first floor for my American reader) there stands a Musical sculpture by Treacle. called "Guardian Angel of our Hearts" the sculpture is playing original music by Danish composer Claus Gahrn (nicolaus.skytower)   The combination of the fractals, pottery, lighting and ethereal music is an experience  I can highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.