Friday 3 March 2017

CALAS SKATE-O-RAMA, EREBOR, SECOND LIFE

I am always searching for something new to do in Second Life so  when I saw a blog post entitled "Skate-O-Rama is open! Come over for some fun!" I grabbed my old Roller boots and sped over to the newly created skate park at Calas Galadhon.
Upon arrival a note explains  the rules that Calas Galadhon has in place regarding scripts; 200 while exploring, 100 during shows,  A helpfully placed script counter which appears as a pink roller boot gave me the all clear, 21 scripts 912KB memory.
 You actually  rezz on the wrong side of the busy Route 66 South of the Skate-O-Rama building. Care should be taken while crossing, on long highways at night it is all to easy to misjudge the speed of an approaching lorry.
The Skate-O-Rama building is an impressive sight lit up at night.
In front of the building, the carpark  is a classic car lovers delight, filled with vehicles like a 1958 Impala Convertible, Oldsmobiles, TBirds and even a 1912 Model T. If the sight of these classics gets your pulse racing you can trace the creator and buy one yourself for as little as 100L. After I finished skating I went over to Axtel's Autos to do some test driving.
 
Outside the building there are a number of little touches that make a build that bit more interesting; I will leave you to search yourself  for the  Aliens or look for the Motel, I looked for wildlife and  captured the drama of a Wolf hunting a Jack Rabbit in the gloom.
I have to make a mention about the flora on show,  It never occurred to me before that that there would be much variety in Cacti and Succulents available to SL landscapers, but having seen the range of species here, I feel like trying to build one myself.
Skate-O-Rama has a 1950s feel about it, when  I sat in the Diner I half  expected Marty McFly to walk in at any moment.
Along side the rink is a stage for live performances and a full schedule of performances for March is available here. Most of the shows are scheduled for 7pm SLT but there are two shows at 2pm SLT which should be easier for Europeans to attend.
 Free skates are available near the entrance next to the 'Free' group joiner. I understand the rink is only open for the month of March, so  if you are interested do not put off a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.